It’s that time of year again—the hustle and bustle of Christmas. But in the back of everyone’s mind is the new year and what it will bring. The news wants you to believe everything is bleak, but it could be your best year yet. It is what you make it. We live in the land of opportunity.
So, what does it take to have the best year of your life? We know for sure that the best year will not happen by accident. Accidents make me think of train wrecks, mangled metal, and casualties. I’m going to assume you don’t want to throw 2023 into the accident category.
Instead, it’s time we get proactive with our lives. Time is too precious to waste. Being proactive and not reactive takes planning, preparation, and execution. Most people struggle with all three of these aspects of life. We all have dreams, but not all see their dreams come to pass. Only those willing to get the help they need move the needle in their goals and aspirations.
Here are a few questions to answer for the coming year:
- What do you want to achieve? Take the time to write out your goal for the year so that you can measure your success this time next year.
- How do you need to grow? Going to the next level will require training or retooling to hit your desired results.
- What are the milestones you need to hit throughout the year? Mountains are climbed one step at a time. The mountain is overwhelming, but your next step is right in front of you. What are the steps you can see and need to take right now?
- Who are you taking on the journey with you? You will need someone to cheer you on and support you when you have doubts, and the path gets steep.
- Who will hold you accountable? The danger of no accountability is our tendency to fall back into the old habits that we know. It’s much harder venturing into the unknown. It would be best if you had a friend, mentor, and coach to help you move from vision to reality.
There is an excellent book by John Maxwell that helps answer all these questions: “The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth.” I will be holding a mastermind on this book through December that will prepare us for the best year of our lives. If you want to take this journey with me, click here for more information and watch the video below. Your investment training, coaching, and accountability could make all the difference in your future success. I’m limiting the participants to 10 so don’t wait to claim your spot.